Holiday Gratitude Challenge & Giveaway Day 2: Taking Stock
Hello Friends! Day 2 is already here?! Craziness!
List 5 people or things (big or small) that you’re grateful for.
There are several reasons I think it’s a good idea to do this on a semi-regular basis. The first is a whole Law of Attraction thing that you can research if you feel like it’s something you want to learn about (my faves are Jen Sincero and Manifestation Babe).
The second is to remind yourself of your own power and your propensity for good things in this world. Was there anything you’ve accomplished after working really hard for it? Are there parts of your day, week, year, that make you smile uncontrollably? Do you just love your dog?! (I really love my dog, ok?!)
Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the things you haven’t received yet or accomplished yet and this isn’t to say goals are bad things (goals are really really good things!). This is to say that just because you haven’t finished the journey yet, it doesn’t mean that you haven’t travelled miles already.
5 (More) Things I’m Grateful For
In Addition To The Instagram and Youtube Additions
1) Heated Blankets - If you live in a semi-cold location and you don’t have a heated blanket lemme tell ya you’re missing out. Hands down one of my best life choices (the absolute cozy-est!).
2) Podcasts - I have been turned on to several amazing podcasts thanks to my Insta-Girls. It’s one of the easiest and most effective ways I keep on top of my mindset. Whenever I’m in the car or doing chores, I love popping on a podcast and doing my inner and outer work.
Some fave Podcasts:
The Manifestation Babe Podcast
No Man’s Land by The Wing
Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations
Earn Your Happy by Lori Harder
3) Bagels - Yes, I am aware that bagels are like 12 loaves of bread, a billion calories, and probably the ones who slashed my tires. But I love them. A great bagel is enough to make me sing with joy and dang it if a bagel is what ends up killing me then so be it! Death by bagel sounds like a great death to me.
4) Audible - Hey, isn’t Audible like a really long podcast? Yes, probably. But I still enjoy the service (and most amazon services) immensely. The way I listen to podcasts is generally the way I listen to my audible books and it has really been a massive help in my personal development over the last several years.
Fave Audible Books:
Anything by Jen Sincero (just do it, ok?!)
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker
5) My Day Job - My day job is not perfect. My day job isn’t all that I hope to accomplish in life. My day job is good. My day job provides me with the means to support myself. My day job is helping me create the time for what I want to be my day job (ie: this). I get to talk to wonderful people and spend time with wonderful people and help people during my day job. My day job is not what I want to do the rest of my life but it is good and I am thankful.
Giveaway Rules for Entry
I’m gonna need you to head over to the BackPorchPoet Instagram, friend. There you’ll find all the prompts and rules for entry. If you partake in the challenge you’ll be automatically entered to win $112 worth of The Established goodies ranging from lux lotions and good for you serums. Can’t wait to see you there!
ELF Eyebrow Pencil
Benefit 24-hr Brow Setter
Colourpop No Filter Concealer
Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation
Wet N Wild Doulce Contour and Highlight Palette & Lash Extension Mascara
Dose of Colors Desi x Katy Fuego Highlighter
Coloured Raine Rust & Berry Cute Palettes
NYX Cosmetics Epic Ink Liquid Liner
Too Faced Peach Perfect Papa Don't Peach Gloss
Pixi Eyeliner Pencil